EPFO KYC Update : Step by step to Update EPFO UAN & EPF KYC Details online at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
EPFO KYC Update
KYC details are the key factor to avail any EPF service online. All registered EPF members should update their KYC on the EPF account. The Indian central government and EPFO body authorizes all EPF account holders to merge their KYC details for better operation.
The employees can easily withdraw their PF account funds, transfer funds, select a nominee, request loans and other EPF related services. The EPFO body has designed an easy e-Sewa portal to help all members access EPF services. The online platform will allow for quick and accurate EPFO KYC updates.
The system offers transparency, accountability and also reduces the need for paperwork. Organizations can easily trace every employee’s information through the EPFO online portal. However, to update or change any details, the eligible members should provide proof documents such as Pan Card, Aadhaar card, and more.
EPFO KYC Through UAN: What is UAN?
EPFO KYC update process is available through the introduction of the UAN number. A UAN (Universal Account Number) is a unique identifier issued by the EPFO to all registered members. The number is unique to every member useful for a lifetime. Members require one UAN number for every EPF account or activity. The UAN number helps employees consolidate all the PF account funds into one account. The user can trace their information using Universal Account Number. To avail of any service, members should link their UAN with an Aadhaar card and other details. UAN eliminates the need for employer attestation in withdrawing the EPF amount. However, employees also require the employer to activate the UAN for functionality.
Required Details for EPFO KYC Update Process
- UAN number
- Active password
- Aadhaar card
- Registered mobile number.
- PAN Card
- Bank account number
- IFSC code.
Benefits of updating KYC details on your EPF account
- The EPF fund withdrawal process is only functional if the user updates their KYC data.
- The EPFO KYC should be linked with UAN for an easy withdrawal, account transfer, checking statements, and more.
- EPF members get monthly notifications on their accounts, thus keeping account records.
- Members who fail to update their KYC will receive high TDS charges (34.608%) if they withdraw before 5-years of service. However, for users with updated KYC, the TDS charge is 10% only.
How to Check EPF KYC Status Using UAN Number
To know whether the KYC details are updated on the EPF account. The employee can log in to the EPFO website portal.
- Visit the EPFO member e-Sewa portal link.
- On the homepage, enter login details to access the portal.
- Click on the “UAN car” option under the “view” tab.
- The system will show “YES” if the KYC details are completed.
EPFO KYC Update
How to Update EPFO KYC Through Online EPF India Portal
If the KYC details are not updated, the user should start the process using the steps below.
Navigate to the EPFO UAN website page via the link
Next, enter your UAN password to log in
On the menu, click the “Manage” option followed by the “KYC” tab
A new page will show
Proceed to the tab “add KYC” section
Now add the following details:
Under the Bank option
Enter your bank account and IFSC code
Ensure to confirm the details by ticking the mark
On the consent information. Next, select the “save” tab to continue.
The system will send an OTP code to the registered mobile number
Now enter the code to authenticate the details by clicking “verify.”
PAN And Aadhaar option
- For the PAN card option, key in your PAN number to proceed.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and select the tick to consent to the statement.
- Recheck the information and select the “save” button.
- The portal will send an OTP code; enter the code and click verify button.
- Once you have entered all required details, save them to complete the process.
- To check KYC document approval status, open the KYC page and proceed to the “KYC pending for approval” option.
- The option will allow the user to see all KYC information and documents they have submitted.
- The page will show the status as “pending” or “under review.”
- The approved KYC will display under the tab “currently active KYC” option.
- Give the process some days to get the details approved.
Requirements for EPF Withdrawal Process
- Aadhaar number
- PAN card
- Bank account details
Note all the applicants’ names must be similar in all documents. However, members can send complaints through the EPFO website or visit the administration HR offices for any inquiries.
Is it mandatory to update EPFO KYC details?
Yes, the government and EPFO states its mandatory for all EPF members to update their KYC details on the EPF account. It’s beneficial as no transaction can happen without KYC details.
Why is my KYC status not changing after updating the EPF account?
The status might show as pending or under review. However, after approval, the details will show. It also takes 48 to 72 hours for the status to reflect as updated.
Do I have to activate my UAN by contacting my employer?
Yes, your employer should and must activate your UAN to proceed with other EPF activities.If the employer delays or refuses to activate, the employee can report to the administrative HR department or EPF grievances portal. It is rare for employers to refuse to activate a UAN since it’s their responsibility.
Universal Account Number MEMBER e-SEWA Login Portal
UAN Full Form
Universal Account Number (UAN)