4 Ways to unblock ICICI debit card online : How To Unblock ICICI Debit Card Online through icici net banking, whatsapp, sms, iMobile APP, SMS, Net banking, for 3d secure online transactions step by step procedure given below
Unblock ICICI Debit Card
Debit cards are significant payment facilities designed to deduct money from a consumer’s Bank account (checking account). Debit cards are also referred to as check cards. ICICI Bank provides customers with various debit cards based on the user’s needs. The card helps purchase goods and services, pay bills, recharge wallets, and more. It’s easy to handle a debit card since one operates with their own account money.
Importance of Debit Card
- Debit cards provide a better, simple to transact money. It reduces the need to use cash, keeping transactions safe.
- Debit cards depend on the amount in the consumer’s account. There is no interest rate like credit cards, which use borrowed money.
- It’s a secure payment path while buying goods and services.
- Some debit cards provide rewards points.
Besides the benefits and uses, a debit card is prone to many fraud issues. Technology offersloopholes where hackers and fraudsters can link to debit card details. It’s also possible the cardholder can lose or suspect illegal use of the card. To stop any financial activities, ICICI bank allows debit cardholders to block the card temporarily or permanently.
Suppose a debit card user misplaces the card or temporarily blocks it. They can use the online blocking process set by ICICI bank. However, the temporary process is reversible using simple online steps for permanent blocking. The user must visit the bank to apply for a new debit card.
How to Unblock ICICI Debit Card Online
There are three official online platforms through which ICICI debit cardholders can unblock their debit card. The process applies to temporary block debit cards only.
Unblock Debit card Through ICICI Internet banking
Unblocking using Internet banking
- Open the ICICI internet banking portal
Using the link www.icicibank.com
- On the homepage
Click the login tab, enter your user id and password.
- Open the account page
Select the “overview” option >”MY view” tab to proceed.
- Next, click the
“services” option to avail the options “block or unblock ATM/Debit card.”
- A new page will open
Choose “account number” >”debit card,” which you wish to unblock.
- Click the “unblock” tab
Enter the reason you want to unblock the card.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions
Recheck the details and click the “submit button.
- The page will send an OTP code to your mobile number
Enter the OTP for verification to finalise the process
How to Unblock ICICI Debit Card Using iMobile APP
- Open the iMobile app on your smartphone device.
- Enter the login details (user ID and password) or user fingerprint authentication process.
- Select the “services” option on the account page and the “card services” tab.
- Now, click the “Block/unblock debit card” tab.
- Click on theaccount number and debit card you want to unblock.
- Next, enter the reason for unblocking the card on the page.
- Recheck the details and click the “submit” button.
- The page will send an OTP to validate the details. Enter the code and press submit button.
Unblocking ICICI Debit Card Using Whatsapp
- On ICICI registered mobile number open the ICICI Whatsapp bank feature 8640086400.
- Enter “menu” to start chatting.
- The page will send the main menu; click the “block/unblock” card tab.
- Choose “unblock” and click send button.
- Select the account number from the list provided.
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number.
- Now you can unblock the card and proceed with banking services.
- Can I unblock a permanently blocked debit card?
No, the option is only available for temporary block debit cards. The user can apply for a new card from the ICICI bank.
- How can I block my debit card?
The ICICI bank allows users to block their card if they suspect illegal to use, lose the card, or if the card is stolen. The ICICI customer should use the same methods: the iMobile app, Whatsapp, and internet banking to block the cards.